Video Trends 2020 – How to Use Them in Your Strategy
Videos by far have stuck around as a reliable marketing strategy that has consistently given a high ROI. The video formats that are predicted to dominate in 2020 include – 360 Degree Videos, Live Streams, Interactive Videos and Shoppable Videos. Below are the statistics shared by Wyzowl that show just about why videos are important for your marketing strategy.
|· 87% of Video Marketers say that video has increased traffic to their website.
· 81% of Video Marketers say that video has helped increase the average time their visitors spend on-page.
· 90% of Video Marketers say that video has helped increase user understanding of their product.
· 83% of Video Marketers say that video has helped them generate leads.
· 80% of Video Marketers say that video has helped them increase sales.
· 43% of Video Marketers say that Video has reduced the number of support calls they have received.
In this blog, we will be covering the 360 Degree Videos, Shoppable Video and Interactive Video. You can also read about Live Streaming here.
360 DEGREE VIDEOS
As the name suggests, 360 Degree Videos record a 360 video view of a given shot, which requires Omnidirectional or Multiple Cameras. A user, therefore, is in control of viewing the video clip in any angle. Also known as Spherical Videos, Immersive or VR Videos; these 360 Videos can be published across Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube. Below are a couple of benefits if incorporating a 360 Video in your Marketing Strategy.
- It is an extremely engaging video format as it keeps the viewers involved.
- If used as media advertising, it will likely give you more conversations.
- Allows people to experience your Product/Service/Brand better
Image Source: Ted Baker
How To Use This Trend?
- Type: Deciding which one to use depends on the goal you are trying to accomplish.
- Monoscopic: These are flat equirectangular renderings that can be used for Facebook and YouTube, but they don’t offer much depth and tactility.
- Stereoscopic: A more professional format that allows you to create a more immersive experience for users.
- Context: Context is Important. According to Hubspot, instead of lazily placing the camera recording anything that comes in its way; give it a focal spot – something that will grab attention, to give your video more context and then let it roam freely around it.
- Concept: Concept before Trend. 360 videos with proper context can be used to drive engagement. It’s a great way to depict the forward-facing nature of your brand. But context is equally important. Give your videos a concept by considering Motion, Vigour and Perceptibility.
- Necessity: Is it really necessary? May not be for every occasion, which will result in an expensive waste of efforts. This said, there are certain events/industries can benefit from it.
- Promoting a product
- Sharing travel experience
- Enhance Vlogging
- Make corporate training videos/product launch/conferences more engaging
- Create interactive short films
- Tour hospitality spaces or real-estate sites
- Tip: Mbryonic suggests that an mp4 format (with MPEG4/H.246 encoding) will be ideal for Facebook and YouTube. Alternatives include wEBM, MOV and F4V.
- Guide: Check the YouTube and Facebook Guide to upload your 360 Video
Shoppable videos allow a user to start their shopping journey without changing videos and screens. The videos feature products with embedded links that allows user to buy a product without having to change their window screen. Brands like Hugo Boss and BBC have increasingly utilized the trend.
The format is popular on Instagram and Snap Chat. For e.g., If a video features a home décor product, on hovering over the product you can get the exact details and click on it to continue to the vendor’s site. Some videos even allow a user to order directly from that particular video screen. Below are a couple of reasons why Shoppable Videos are a great idea for e-commerce:
- Interactivity in content tends to show a higher click-through rate, leading to an increase in sales.
- It satisfies the instant buying wish a user may have while/after watching a video.
- Simplifies the buying journey and reduces the gap between marketing and purchasing.
- Allows quick decision making resulting in boosted sales.
Video Source: Keri Koeller
How To Use This Trend?
- Instead of making it salesy, incorporate it within a storyline to make it more engaging.
- Shoppable Videos tend to have a higher conversion rate when targeted (make use of surveys to identify your target audience).
- Inform your audience at the start that the videos are interactive. They might go through the entire thing without knowing it is leading to your efforts going in vain.
- Allow the screens that require interacting to run for 3 seconds or longer.
- Avoid overcrowding everything onto one screen.
A pretty immersive and futuristic style as compared to linear/traditional videos. While the linear formats allow users to view, pause, forward and rewind; interactive videos, on the other hand, enables a user to take a drag, hover, gesture, scroll, etc. to achieve a specific action. Below are a few reasons why Interactive Videos will make a great addition to your marketing strategy.
- Help turn passive viewers into engaged participants.
- They provide more engagement as they put users in control of the actions they want to take on the content, eventually leading to a higher conversion rate.
- Once a user interest is piqued, it leads to increased brand loyalty.
- Engagement, Views and Success Rate are easy to track which allows access to better audience insights.
Video Source: Netflix
How To Use This Trend?
- It can be integrated throughout the sales funnel but may have the biggest impact in the middle and bottom, where video can directly address issues. (Source: Sparksight)
- There are several functionalities that you can use to make your video interactive – Hotspots, 360 Degree Views, Branching, Data Inputs, Quizzes, Cards and Multi-Screen Viewing.
- Use it for product demonstration to simplify a complex idea.
- Make educational videos more fun.
- Can make for a fun alternative to surveys in order to collect customer feedback.
- Create an Interactive Screenplay.
- Use it in people management areas at work – recruitment, displaying enrolment benefits or even compliance training.
That’s for the main video trends for 2020. We have covered Live Streaming in our Social Media Blog; you can read about it here. It’s important to note that Online Learning, FAQs and Product Walkthroughs stay the most-watched content type apart from entertainment. Signing off with a few tips to keep in mind before creating a video.
- The first 15 seconds of a video is the most important. It is crucial that you try to grab a user’s attention during this time frame.
- Instead of opening with credits or explaining the ‘why’ of a video, start with the most important information first.
- Optimize for SEO and suggested videos, as this is where you will get a majority of your views from.
That’s all for the trends for 2020 in Marketing! What’s your take on the best Video Trends for 2020? Share your comments below.